So you want to accessorize your Scion tC - but you have a budget and you don't want to waste money. You've come to the right place. Not all accessories are made the same - and you have to be savvy to customize your Scion without going into debt for the rest of your life.
1. Cold Air Intake: A cold air intake is designed to draw in the coolest air possible not to mention how cool it looks under the hood. This accessory will take 45 to 90 minutes to install. It will add around 8hp - you'll experience a quicker throttle - the sound and speed would be noticeably different. If you've never modified a car before - you'll recall that when a souped up car passed you by it had a loud crackle/boom sound. That car probably had a cold air intake system.
2. Billet Grille: These are custom-crafted to the year of your Scion tC - and take 30 to 60 minutes to install. Available in a variety of colors such as black, silver, or polished they add a very suave touch to the front end of your tC. Its one of the few modifications available that will give you an aggressive yet impressive look.
3. LED Tail Lights: After you've gotten your front end covered with a nice grille - consider upgrading the back by going for the lights. If the tC needs to improve in 1 area its the tail lights - so cover those up with some custom lighting. Again these are custom crafted to your year and model. They often come with an easy no-drill installation that will take you inside of 30 minutes. A number of color options available from black to clear to silver.
So these are the three top modifications that you can apply - essentially chosen to affect each part of your ride: performance, the front end look, and the back end look. As you become comfortable with these customizations you can add wind deflectors, custom rims for the side look, and dash kits on the inside along with custom floormats to complete a really nice customization.
Car theft is actually going down in the U.S., but almost 1.2 million cars get stolen every year. There is no reason you have to be a victim. Avoiding car theft is not difficult. You just have to use your head. Here are 10 easy tips to avoid auto theft.
1. Lock your car. About half of stolen vehicles are not locked. It's such a simple step. If you find yourself coming back to an unlocked car quite often, consider posting yourself a reminder in a visible place in your car.
2. Take your keys. Yes, Roughly 20% of stolen cars get driven away with their own keys in them. And since many cars these days won't let you lock the doors without using your key or a button on your key fob, that means cars with their keys in them also were unlocked. That's like putting out a welcome sign for thieves.
3. Hide your valuables. Don't tempt a thief by having valuables in plain sight. You can not necessarily hide your car, but you don't have to put a bow on it.
4. Keep your windows up when you're not in the car. An open window makes it easier to unlock your car...or just open the door and get in. An open window is like locking your garage, but leaving your front door unlocked.
5. Park in a public spot with lots of light. Thieves don't want to risk getting caught unnecessarily. If you park in a dark alley, that is asking not to have a ride home.
6. Speaking of parking, park in your garage. This is another easy one. If you have a garage, use it. A thief would have to break into your house in that case, not just steal your car on the side of the street.
7. Get an anti-theft device. This could be one installed by the car manufacturer, or a device you can buy on the aftermarket. In fact, it is smart to have both. Get the anti-theft device from the manufacturer, and then go buy The Club. Nothing deters a thief better than seeing The Club locking your steering wheel.
8. Set your emergency brake and turn your wheels toward the curb. These things make it harder for thieves to tow your vehicle away.
9. Consider a security tracking service. Lojack or Onstar are the two biggest names. This not only can let law enforcement locate your car faster if it is stolen, but also might save you some money on your auto insurance.
10. Buy a car with an eye toward not having it stolen. This is not something you can do if you already own the vehicle, but if you are shopping, you should keep it in mind. But don't think oto kokusu only flashy cars get stolen. For years, the Honda Accord has been one of the most stolen vehicles, because it's easier for thieves to sell the parts without attracting attention.
Most of those simple tips do not cost a dime. The ones that cost something cost a lot less than having your car stolen. If you will use your head, avoiding car theft can be as routine as putting gas in your car.